Hip hip hooray!
I finally managed to get passes to the commemorative ceremonies at the American Cemetery.
Presidents Obama and Sarkozy will be there.
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Friday, May 22, 2009
Thursday, May 21, 2009
Wow, has this ever snuck up on me. I am taking my Dad to Paris/Normandy for the 65th Anniversary of D-Day. (He was 3 years old at the time, and snug asleep in his bed in Pennsylvania at the time... not a veteran!).
We will drink Kir Royale in Paris... Calvados in Normandy... will sample crepes (the best street food of Paris!) and let's not forget the creme brulee too.
The itinerary is more or less:
- Paris for three nights
- TGV to Tours, pick up the car, spend the day visiting a winery in Saumur, maybe a castle on the Loire... then drive to Fougeres in Brittany for two nights. While we are in Brittany we will visit Mont St. Michel among other things.
- Then on to Bayeux where we will stay at a B&B for 3 nights. I am still trying to get passes to the ceremonies at the American Cemetery - apparently President Obama will be there.
- I would dearly love to try to do part of the Cider Route while we are there - it is not far away from Bayeux.
- The day we drive back to Paris, a visit to Giverny is necessary.
- Paris for one night, then fly home.