Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Please vote!

I had a great Saturday morning!  I was part of a fun photo outing which involved only my club but many photographers around the world.  Scott Kelby (a renowned photographer) started the annual Worldwide Photo Walks three years ago. 

The entire concept inspiring the walk is fantastic - to think that on the same day in numerous communities around the world photographers were wandering around, on the same mission, on a photo treasure hunt.  Immediately afterwards everyone meets for lunch and then in the days afterwards the bounty from the treasure hunts trickle in.  Each person submits the one they like the best to Scott's website and also the flickr website for their gallery.  I especially like the random group shots of the photographers taken around the world. 

Some of the subjects were lower on the list of things I gravitate towards shooting so it was a little stretch for me. For instance, I rarely take photos of people because I feel shy doing so - I either feel intrusive or just plain funny taking candids of strangers... whereas this time some of us had a pair of delightful little girls to photograph. I think this exercise made you look harder at familiar surroundings.  At any rate, which of my photos do you think I should submit? 

http://www.flickr.com/photos/skywalkerbeth/sets/72157624468654509/show/

Thanks for looking!

I chose this one to submit.  I did not win.  Nonetheless, this was fun. 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails