Saturday, March 31, 2012

Impression: cherry blossoms

Last weekend I visited Meadowlark Gardens for the first time in at least a year.  Not only had my membership expired, the gentleman at the desk couldn't even find me in the system.  Ooops!  I used to visit a few times a month...

At any rate, the trees were in full bloom - in late March!  Beautiful.  I giddily wandered around with my 7D and tripod, snapping away.  Because I had the tripod I decided to take many slow slow shutter speed photos, to get some more depth to the photos.

Much to my chagrin I found out that a little-noticed smudge on the lens was magnified by each slow shot!  The handheld ones looked fine, but all the ones with the tripod looked like someone was sending smoke signals.  Bummer!

A number of them were salvageable by cropping.  I had to crop out well more than a third of some of them, but, the result wasn't too bad.

Have a look:


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails